Announcements

So proud!!

So proud!!

by Natasha Jones -
Number of replies: 0

I would like to just thank you all for a wonderful performance on Remembrance Day!! I was extremely proud of how well you represented your schools and our marching band!! There were a few things during the day that particularly stuck out to me:

1. It was hot!! However, no one whinged or complained to me about the conditions. You all accepted that it was hot and still chose to give your best performance. That was extremely impressive and shows that you handled yourselves with discipline and maturity.

2. You all looked after one another! You have created a wonderful vibe within our marching band family/community. There were several times throughout the day I watched some of you offer your drink bottle to those that didn't have any, ask your fellow band mates if they were okay and help pass water bottles out to people who had no water. It is very humbling for teachers to watch you look after one another!!

3. Your behaviour was commendable! Throughout the entire day you behaved with pride, dignity and maturity. I was proud to be associated with you!!

4. Your sound and marching technique was great! Several photos/videos from the day have popped up and in all of them you are in step, straight lines and sounding great! 

5. Thank you for honouring our veterans by participating in the ceremony and representing youth in Australia. I know it means a lot to the veterans to have young people recognize the sacrifices they made for our country. The speaker at the ceremony pointed out that a lot of the soldiers were teenagers when they went off to war-your age!!

Well done!!

Mrs J